Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Three Day Weekend


It was such a busy and productive weekend! I left work as soon as I could on Friday so I could get my workout done quickly. I’d made a vow to do some outdoor walking in preparation for the upcoming Hot Chocolate 5K. The secretary at my school had told me about a great walking trail in a neighboring community. My BFF and I loaded up my kids, and off we went on Saturday. We loved the trail! It circled a small lake, had a slight hill, and even meandered through a wooden area. It was quite scenic! On Saturday, we walked 2.1 miles. We walked 2.6 miles on Sunday afternoon, and on Sunday, we walked 2.8 miles. We even managed to cut almost two minutes off our pace! (I’ve begun using the Map My Run app. It’s great!)


Five lbs. of fat, compared to 5 lbs. of muscle
I have now lost TWO of those fat chunks!

We were out of school on Monday for MLK Day. I’d been anxiously awaiting my trip to get my blood work done at my doctor’s office. I had to fast until my appointment at 11:45. That was no big deal. I was scared to step onto the scale, but I just knew that I had to have lost weight. Yes, I did! I lost TEN
pounds!! In just three short weeks of exercise, eating cleaner and mostly Gluten-free, drinking more water, and two weeks of no Coke! Yea, me! Seeing that number on the scale motivated me more than anything to keep working hard!

I added up all of the miles I’ve walked since I started keeping track last week. In seven days, I’ve walked 15.21 miles!

I think I may be becoming obsessed with this fitness business!!

1 comment: